Top 5 Musical Crushes
Talent and Hawtness
If you've been visiting my site you remember my list of top 5 fictional female geeks. I thought it was time for a new top 5 list, something I hope to make a regular feature on my little corner of the web.
For this Top 5 post, I'll be focusing on my biggest musical crushes during my lifetime. You won't find the Britneys, Beyonces or Christinas here. This list is composed of women who are more than just a choreographed marketing scheme. You can be assured that the women in my list have something more than just a pretty face. I still also crush a little on all of them. So let's begin:
I want you to want me.
I need you to need me.
I'd love you to love me.
I'm beggin' you to beg me.
5. Kay Hanley - She was the former frontwoman for Letters to Cleo, she also provided the vocal talents for Josie and the Pussycats movie. Her voice is so adorable and poptastic and suited the character of Josie very well. However I started crushing on her before the whole Josie thing when I heard Letters to Cleo cover Cheap Trick's "I Want You to Want Me."
See Kay Hanley, young and pixie: LettersToCleo.net
See Kay Hanley, a little older and still lookin' good, IMO: KayHanley.com
Close the door, lay down upon the floor
And by candlelight, make love to me through the night
4. Andrea Corr - One member of arguably the most attractive band on the planet, the Corrs. The Corrs are also very musically talented. Andrea's sisters, Caroline and Sharon, I wouldn't kick them out for eating crackers in my bed. But Andrea, for me, is the standout. Why? Is it her Irish accent? Is it her incredible natural beauty? Is it her flirty and playful stage presence? Or is it her deft oral manipulation of the tin whistle combined with my thoughts drifting into the gutter? I guess it's a little bit of all of them. Thanks to Ma and Pa Corr for breeding such fine women. (Oh, there is a brother, Jim, in the group but I don't really care about that.)
Official Site of the Corrs: TheCorrsWebsite.com
Somebody who is way more obsessed with Andrea than I am: Andrea-Corr.org
You are all I know
Your mouth is all I taste
My breast between your lips
My tongue upon your waist
3. Tara MacLean - Solo artist and current member of Shaye. If you've never heard of her, her style would be similar to Sarah Mclachlan, but her voice is probably slightlier more accessible to people not really into adult contemporary music. I would describe Tara's voice as achingly beautiful and it exudes strength and vulnerability at the same time. Plus she's a real cutie, just look at her pic!
Tara MacLean Fansite (with video clips): TaraMacLean.org
Shaye's official site: ShayeMusic.com
Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling
Do you feel my heart beating, do you understand?
Do you feel the same, am I only dreaming?
Is this burning an eternal flame?
2. Susanna Hoffs - A member of the quintessential all girl 80's group, the Bangles. It was around the age of 12 that I was growing out of my Saturday morning cartoon phase and really started to get into music. Plus my voice was changing, I was growing hair all over the place and girls started to make me feel funny in my pants. It's not difficult to see how I directed my adolescent fantasies towards Susanna Hoffs. I still think she looks really good today.
The Bangles' official site: TheBangles.com
And I'll feed your obsession
The falling star that you cannot live without
I will be your religion
This thing you'll never doubt
1. Shirley Manson - She is the lead singer for Garbage. Oh what a bonny Scottish lass. When I first saw videos from Garbage back in 1995 I thought she wasn't particularly attractive, but her attitude and voice intrigued me and her look grew on me. I also think that Garbage's "I'm Only Happy When it Rains" really suited my mood at that time in my life which only added to the attraction. I wasn't so hyped about her androgynous phase she went through a few years ago, but now she's back with the luscious shoulder length crimson mane. Shirley Manson, so hot. So sexy. So "I'm going to kick your ass and you'll love me for it," (and I probably would love it.)
Garbage's official site: Garbage.com