Die die die!
I spent the better part of the last few hours hardening my site against spammers. I first noticed that I became the victim of an email injection through my contact form and web logs. You can bet your ass I sealed up that hole pretty quickly. I also added additional logging just in case anything that shouldn't get through manages to work around my fixes.
I also noticed I've been getting weird referrals followed by comments spam. I've added keyword filters to the comments to block potential nefarious activity, as well as filters to block certain bad referring URLs.
Every cloud has a silver lining I suppose. It did motivate me to add additional security as well as beef up some of my script functionality that I've been putting off because I was too lazy.